Werneth Primary Care Centre
Werneth Primary Care Centre, opened in December 2011, houses GP services and community services including health visitors, district nurses, services for children with additional needs, podiatry, contraception and sexual health services, counselling services and health promotion.
The new centre means up to 20,000 people can visit their doctor, nurse or other health professional in a high quality, purpose-built facility.
The centre was Highly Commended in the 2012 RICS North West Awards and has a number of innovative sustainability features:
• It is fitted with a combined heat and power (CHP) generating system which runs on a 100% sustainable bio-fuel.
• The bio-fuel is manufactured from waste used cooking oil, which could otherwise have ended up blocking drains or as expensive landfill. The cooking oil is collected by Convert2Green from restaurants, commercial and public sector buildings in the Oldham area before being processed and converted into sustainable bio-fuel.
• An air-source heat pump provides energy for the underfloor heating system.
• To ensure further reductions in carbon, energy and cost throughout the whole lifecycle of the building, all materials have been selected to minimise the environmental impact. All building envelope materials (walls, roof, flooring) achieve thermal insulation values (U-values) that are a minimum of 25% better than those required by Building Regulations.
• Excess power generated by the CHP system which is not needed at Werneth Primary Care Centre is diverted to the grid, where it is then used to power other Community 1st buildings – this means that the centre is carbon negative, and is providing green energy for other facilities.
• The building is accredited with an A+ Energy Performance Certificate.
For enquiries regarding services and opening times at this centre, please contact Oldham Clinical Commissioning Group on 0161 622 6500.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/c1ouser/public_html/wp-content/themes/community1stoldham/portfolio-project.php on line 232