Butler Green House Care Home
On behalf of NHS Oldham, Community 1st Oldham carried out large scale refurbishment works at Butler Green House care home. The work was completed to a very tight deadline in preparation for Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust taking over the management and delivery of inpatient intermediate care services from the building.
The Community 1st estate team was able to mobilise the works within only seven days following receipt of the instruction!
The building continued to provide services to the patients as they remained in occupation during the works, and the Community 1st team worked hard to minimise disruption to the day-to-day running of the building.
Improvement works included:
- Bringing nine out-dated rooms up to a ‘fit for purpose’ clinical standard
- Creating three sluice rooms
- General electrical and lighting upgrades, security improvements, redecoration, bathroom and toilet improvements and the installation of a fully integrated nurse call system throughout all areas of the building as well as installing air conditioning within the office spaces
- Minor refurbishment works and redecoration
- Creating two treatment rooms
- Providing and fitting a new back up emergency generator
Works undertaken: July – September 2011.